Create something that will last
The idea is not to live forever but to create something that will!Andy Warhol
What a nice thought!
Having recently exhibited my paintings at some big shows in Dublin, Ideal Home Show and the House Event, my mind filled with thoughts of some of the great people I met at these shows, fellow artists and of course, those who bought or showed interest in my paintings.
It is such a hectic time in the lead-up to these shows, with so much planning, preparation and things to do – the lists become endless. Then self-doubt sneaks in and creates panic!
- are the paintings good enough?
- do they sit well together?
- have I enough to fill the space?
- is there an evident theme?
- will the framer have the frames ready in time?
- have I thought of all the small things that make the presentation complete – business cards/name tags/ flowers ….???
- oh! and what about….
It always works out in the end and the shows are so interesting and exciting to be a part of. It is the greatest honour when someone purchases a painting and I find myself wondering:
- Perhaps the purchase is a gift for a special person or occasion
- Will it hang in a home or an office
- Maybe it will travel to some foreign country and reside there
- Hopefully the painting will be treasured by families and friends over future generations
- Some people request a commission to paint their favourite spot
- Others want to purchase limited edition prints
- How probable is it that my paintings will outlive me!
So Andy Warhol’s saying seemed very poignant!
The idea is not to live forever, but to create something that willAndy Warhol
…….so many musings ……. so appreciative to be an artist.
I love my job!
Here are some random photos taken over the time
– I hope you like them
Contact me if you wish to enquire about any of the paintings here